Reports: Suspended Nebraska players enter transfer portal
Field Level Mediaon
Two suspended Nebraska redshirt freshmen have entered the transfer portal, according to multiple reports.
Wide receiver Andre Hunt and tight end Katerian Legrone allegedly violated the school's sexual misconduct policy. They were suspended indefinitely before the start of the season, and an ESPN report this week said they faced a suspension of 2 1/2 years.
No charges have been filed, but the investigation is continuing. It is unclear how much interest either player would draw given the possibility of facing criminal action.
ESPN's report said the punishment stemmed from a rape accusation on Aug. 25, adding the length of the suspension was set to allow the alleged victim to finish her studies "free from a hostile environment."
The alleged assault occurred at Hunt's apartment, though both players maintain that the sex was consensual. ESPN's report said the woman texted others immediately after, alleging that she'd been raped.
Both players were three-star prospects in the Class of 2018.
Hunt played in two games but did not catch a pass in 2018. He had been working out with the first-team offense this summer. LeGrone caught one pass for eight yards in three games last season.