The New York Knicks are one loss away from matching their longest slide of the season, and they don't appear ready to end it anytime soon. The Knicks will try to bounce back from another lopsided setback and snap their seven-game losing streak when they continue a five-game homestand against the Dallas Mavericks on Tuesday.
All five starters scored in double figures but New York offered no resistance on the other end of the floor in a 132-106 loss to Toronto on Sunday to begin the homestand, its third defeat of at least 20 points this month. "They drove by us," Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek told reporters of the Raptors. "We weren't good on the ball. They got open looks and they made them. It's a challenge to keep a guy in front of you. You got to slide your feet, and it's not easy. They really attacked us on that end." The Mavericks had their first winning streak in two months come to an end at two games with Sunday's 105-82 loss to Houston at home. They play 10 of their final 15 games on the road, where they're 7-24.
TV: 7:30 p.m. ET, FS Southwest (Dallas), MSG (New York)
ABOUT THE MAVERICKS (21-46): Standout rookie Dennis Smith Jr. returned from a one-game layoff due to a quadriceps injury but struggled against the Rockets, shooting 2-of-12 and missing all three of his 3-point tries. Meanwhile, fellow guard Wesley Matthews missed the contest due to a right leg injury suffered the night before against Memphis and is not expected to travel with the team to New York. Dwight Powell finished a point shy of his career high with 20 points against Houston on 9-of-11 shooting, and the Stanford product averages 13.3 points on 66.7 percent from the floor as a starter.
ABOUT THE KNICKS (24-43): New York tinkered with its starting lineup ahead of the matchup with Dallas, as center Enes Kanter (back) was given the day off and regular starter Courtney Lee came off the bench after being away from the team for personal reasons. Rookie Luke Kornet made the most of his first career start by scoring 18 points - more than in his previous seven games combined - on 7-of-15 shooting. Tim Hardaway Jr. continued his turnaround from a lengthy shooting slump by producing 25 points and he is averaging 23.5 over his last four contests.
1. Mavericks PF Dirk Nowitzki needs eight made field goals to become the eighth player in NBA history with 11,000.
2. Knicks SF Lance Thomas (thumb) missed Sunday's loss and is day-to-day.
3. Kanter had 13 points and 18 rebounds in 25 minutes to help New York pick up a 100-96 win at Dallas on Jan. 7.
News Breaking News
Key Players to Watch
NEW YORK KNICKS
- POINTS/G 963 Kevin Knox #20 | SF
- REBOUNDS OFFENSIVE/G 177 Mitchell Robinson #26 | C
- ASSISTS/G 228 Emmanuel Mudiay #1 | PG
- 3 POINTS % 126 Damyean Dotson #21 | SG
- REBOUNDS DEFENSIVE/G 415 Noah Vonleh #32 | PF
- BLOCKS/G 161 Mitchell Robinson #26 | C
- STEALS/G 58 Damyean Dotson #21 | SG
- TURNOVERS/G 1 Isaiah Hicks #4 | PF
- POINTS/G 1526 Luka Doncic #77 | SF
- REBOUNDS OFFENSIVE/G 140 Dwight Powell #7 | PF
- ASSISTS/G 429 Luka Doncic #77 | SF
- 3 POINTS % 168 Luka Doncic #77 | SF
- REBOUNDS DEFENSIVE/G 477 Luka Doncic #77 | SF
- BLOCKS/G 78 Maxi Kleber #42 | PF
- STEALS/G 77 Luka Doncic #77 | SF
- TURNOVERS/G 1 Kostas Antetokounmpo #37 | PF
no tickets found.
New York Knicks
- AnkleProb Wed | probable
Gallinari sat out the previous game with soreness in his left ankle but will take the court against the Jazz on Wednesday.
- PersonalProb Wed | probable
Thomas missed the last game due to a personal matter but is likely to face the Pistons on Wednesday.
- CalfOut Wed | out
Trier sustained a strained left calf and will not return Wednesday against the Pistons.
- IllnessProb Wed | probable
Hezonja was absent from the lineup during the previous game with an illness but the symptoms will subside in time for Wednesday's matchup with the Pistons.
- KneeProb Wed | probable
Smith Jr. is dealing with a sore left knee but is projected to play against the Pistons on Wednesday.
- Shoulderout for season | out
Mudiay is sidelined with a sore left shoulder and will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season.
- View Full List
- HipQues Wed | questionable
Lee missed the previous game with a left hip contusion and it is undetermined if he will play against the Spurs on Wednesday.
- KneeOut Wed | out
Kleber is experiencing left knee soreness and will not face the Spurs on Wednesday.
- KneeQues Wed | questionable
Antetokounmpo has been held out of the past two games with soreness in his left knee and it is undetermined if he will be in Wednesday's lineup versus the Spurs.
- View Full List
new-york-knicks Stats 2018-2019
|Tim Hardaway Jr.||46||46||880||122||37||726||282||233||199||337||117||26|
dallas-mavericks Stats 2018-2019