The Alabama A&M Bulldogs play in the SWAC. This is a team that has yet to find themselves in the conference or for that matter, find themselves in Division IA. This team is in transition with an interim head coach and the questions of where the program is headed far out way any answers. The last time this team won anything was in 1996 when they were Division II champions in the SIAC Conference. They have been a member of the AWAC since 2005. Out of the starting gate this year, they looked awful with two straight losses to USF and Houston, while allowing 80 to USF and 101 to Houston. Now the Rice Owls isn’t a whole lot better themselves and they come in with a 1-1 record to start the season. The got the win against LEO 80-64 but lost to Penn on the 9th by a 92-76 margin. The Owls have been bad for a very long time and they simply do not get better, They are a program consistently ranked in the bottom of the 351 teams that make up the Division I NCAA. Rice is 4th from the bottom! They play little to no defense and they do not have any recruiting power whatsoever. Good players do not show up at Rice and this is sad. If a school makes a commitment to the NCAA, they should have the obligation to try, to at least turn the corner and find a way to get better. There is very little hope for Rice but the ironic thing; they may get this victory. The Bulldogs are horrible as well!
TV: 8:00 PM ET LINE: See Intertops for the latest line
ABOUT ALABAMA A&M (2018/19 0-2): The Bulldogs won three games last season and those three, they cam against Jackson State, Mississippi Valley, and Grambling. Tonight will be a huge challenge for the Bulldogs and most likely they are going to get blown out in this matchup. Here is how bad the numbers are: The Bulldogs are scoring 58.5 points per game and allowing 90.5. What a staggering contrast this number is. There is simply very little real talent and leadership heading-up, this program and tonight will place them squarely at 0-3.
ABOUT RICE (2018/19 1-1): Rice, a school in transition and they have been in transition for a long time. Things can’t get any worse and if you like a great team to bet against, then this team is where you want to bet. Don’t think for a second that Rice doesn’t want to win, of course, they want to win and the appreciate every opportunity. Tonight is that opportunity. Rice must seize the day against a terrible basketball team and get this victory or the program is in trouble, with very big problems.
1. This game can go over a total by default, the two are so bad they will score a lot of points.
2. Rice was beaten by Penn 92-76 but was good enough to beat LEO 80-64. This looks like a meeting in the middle against A&M.
3. Andre Kennedy and Robert Martin will be the stars of this game, which one carries their team to victory?
Key Players to Watch
- POINTS/G 381 Chris Mullins #24 | G
- REBOUNDS OFFENSIVE/G 64 Quentin Millora-Brown #42 | F
- ASSISTS/G 82 Chris Mullins #24 | G
- 3 POINTS % 72 Ako Adams #3 | G
- REBOUNDS DEFENSIVE/G 179 Jack Williams #32 | F
- BLOCKS/G 37 Quentin Millora-Brown #42 | F
- STEALS/G 38 Chris Mullins #24 | G
- TURNOVERS/G 7 Tim Harrison #35 | F
ALABAMA AM BULLDOGS
- POINTS/G 397 Andre Kennedy #1 | F
- REBOUNDS OFFENSIVE/G 66 Andre Kennedy #1 | F
- ASSISTS/G 131 Brandon Miller #2 | G
- 3 POINTS % 37 Brandon Miller #2 | G
- REBOUNDS DEFENSIVE/G 126 Andre Kennedy #1 | F
- BLOCKS/G 20 Andre Kennedy #1 | F
- STEALS/G 48 Brandon Miller #2 | G
- TURNOVERS/G 6 Brandon Powell #12 | G
no tickets found.
rice-owls-basketball Stats 2018-2019
|Trey Murphy III||31||0||255||21||24||184||80||46||34||147||61||17|
alabama-am-bulldogs-basketball Stats 2018-2019
|Walter Jones Jr.||30||0||73||5||33||43||89||0|