Get a detailed betting report for this game and over 400 other games monthly for only $9.99 per month. | Get Access Now
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Pick & Prediction APR 8TH 2021
565Cleveland Cavaliers566Oklahoma City Thunder
Collin Sexton scored 27 points to lead the Cleveland Cavaliers to a 129-102 win over the host Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday night.
The Cavaliers have won consecutive games for the first time since a four-game winning streak that ended March 1.
The Thunder lost their fifth straight, their longest skid since a six-game losing streak early in the 2014-15 season.
For the second consecutive game, Cleveland came up big coming out of halftime.
The Cavaliers, who put up 43 points in the third quarter in beating San Antonio on Monday, scored the first 11 points of the third on Wednesday en route to doubling up the Thunder 28-14 in the quarter to lead by 18.
Cleveland did it by turning defense into offense, forcing three quick turnovers during the stretch, each time turning on the other end. Oklahoma City missed its first five shots of the quarter.
Darius Garland once again helped get Cleveland going after the break, with a pair of assists during the stretch.
In their last two games, the Cavaliers have outscored their opponents 71-47 in the third.
Taurean Prince added 22 points off the bench for the Cavaliers, while Garland finished with 21 points and five assists. Kevin Love had 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Isaiah Hartenstein pulled down 12 boards off the bench.
Cleveland shot 51.1 percent from the field and had 24 points off of 18 Oklahoma City turnovers.
Ty Jerome led the Thunder with a career-high 23 points, going 9 of 16 from the field with five 3-pointers. Theo Maledon had 14 points but was just 6 of 17 from the floor. Moses Brown had 13 points and 11 rebounds.
The game got off to a fast start offensively, with the Thunder scoring the game's first seven points. The Cavaliers' offense quickly caught up, however, with the score tied at 38 the teams each scored 38 after the first quarter. Oklahoma City shot 62.5 percent in the quarter.
The Cavaliers' kept up the offensive success, but the Thunder struggled after that, shooting just 44.9 percent for the game.
--Field Level Media
This Game Has a Premium Report
Please Sign-In or Register
- @Charlotte W 103 - 90
- New Orleans L 116 - 109
- Toronto L 135 - 115
- @Oklahoma City W 129 - 102
- @San Antonio W 125 - 101
- @Miami L 101 - 115
- Philadelphia L 114 - 94
- @Utah L 75 - 114
- @Sacramento L 98 - 100
- @L.A. Lakers L 86 - 100
- Golden State L 147 - 109
- @Utah L 96 - 106
- Philadelphia L 117 - 93
- Cleveland L 129 - 102
- Charlotte L 113 - 102
- Detroit L 132 - 108
- @Portland L 85 - 133
- @Phoenix L 103 - 140
- Toronto W 103 - 113
- Dallas L 127 - 106
- Golden State(12-05-18) L 129 - 105
- @Chicago(03-24-21) W 103 - 94
- @Detroit(12-26-20) W 128 - 119
- Chicago(01-21-19) L 104 - 88
- @Detroit(12-03-18) W 110 - 83
- @Toronto(03-22-19) W 116 - 109
- @Washington(11-02-18) W 134 - 111
- @Indiana(03-14-19) L 106 - 108
- Cavaliers @ Thunder 129-102
- Thunder @ Cavaliers 117-101
- Cavaliers @ Thunder 83-100
- Thunder @ Cavaliers 95-86
- Cavaliers @ Thunder 120-112
- Thunder @ Cavaliers 148-124
- Cavaliers @ Thunder 109-118
- Thunder @ Cavaliers 91-107
- Cavaliers @ Thunder 115-92
- Thunder @ Cavaliers 100-104
|New York Knicks||29||27||.518||17-10||12-17||105.6||104.3||L2||5-0-5|
|Portland Trail Blazers||31||23||.574||16-12||15-11||114.7||114.9||L2||5-0-5|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||20||35||.364||9-20||11-15||105.3||114.3||L8||1-0-9|
|Los Angeles Clippers||39||18||.684||22-8||17-10||115.0||108.2||L2||8-0-2|
|Los Angeles Lakers||34||21||.618||16-11||18-10||109.8||105.6||L1||6-0-4|
|Golden State Warriors||27||28||.491||17-10||10-18||112.9||113.7||L1||5-0-5|
|San Antonio Spurs||26||27||.491||12-17||14-10||110.7||112.0||L1||3-0-7|
|New Orleans Pelicans||25||30||.455||16-14||9-16||114.5||114.9||L1||5-0-5|
Oklahoma City Thunder
- ThumbLate April | out
Hill is likely to miss four weeks after surgery to repair a right thumb sprain.
- ArmQues Fri | questionable
Pokusevski has sat out the past two contests with right arm soreness, and it is unclear if he will face the Pistons on Friday.
- PersonalQues Fri | questionable
Deck has been absent from the lineup during the previous two games due to a personal matter, and it is uncertain if he will be active against the Pistons on Friday.
- FootLate April | out
Gilgeous-Alexander is out of the lineup with right foot planter fasciitis, and he is projected to be out of commission until the end of April.
- ShoulderQues Fri | questionable
Dort was held out of the last game due to a sore left shoulder, and it is uncertain if he will play Friday against the Pistons.
- KneeQues Wed | questionable
Hall is bothered by knee soreness, and it is unknown if he will be in the lineup on Wednesday versus the Warriors.
- ConcussionProb Tues | probable
Hall was absent from the previous four games due to a concussion, but he is expected to partake in Tuesday's matchup versus the Jazz.
- ConcussionProb Tues | probable
Roby has missed the last four games while going through the concussion protocol, but he is likely to suit up against the Jazz on Tuesday.
- CalfLate April | out
Exum is expected to miss one to two months due to a right calf strain.
- KneeOut indefinitely | out
Windler is out of the lineup due to left knee soreness, and it is unknown how long he will be idle.
- GroinQues Thurs | questionable
Sexton has missed the last two games with a left groin strain, and it is unknown if he will take on the Warriors on Thursday.
- KneeQues Thurs | questionable
Dotson was held out of the last two contests with left knee soreness, and it remains to be seen if he will be active against the Warriors on Thursday.
- AnkleQues Wed | questionable
Garland was absent from the last game with a right ankle sprain, and it is undetermined if he will suit up for Wednesday's clash with the Hornets.
- IllnessProb Wed | probable
Nance Jr. has been sidelined with an illness, but he is expected to line up against the Hornets on Wednesday.
- ConcussionLate April | out
Allen is out of commission due to a concussion, and he is not expected to rejoin the team until the end of April.
- ElbowProb Tues | probable
Drummond is dealing with a left elbow impingement, but it is likely that he will face the Hornets on Tuesday.
Oklahoma City Trends
- TrendOver is 10-3 in Thunder last 13 games as a home underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %76.90% (13)O/U10|3Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Thunder last 6 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Thunder last 7 games as an underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Thunder last 6 games as a home favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 14-5-1 in Cavaliers last 20 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %73.70% (20)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-0 in Cavaliers last 4 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 14-6 in Cavaliers last 20 games as a road underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %70.00% (20)O/U14|6Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U35|17Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 8-3-1 in the last 12 meetings in Oklahoma City.Hit %72.70% (12)O/U3|8Push1W/L
- TrendCavaliers are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings.Hit %20.00% (5)O/UPush0W/L1|4