Check GameAdvisers.com AI Computer Pick For PREM. | Get Access Now
Toronto Raptors vs. Los Angeles Clippers Pick & Prediction MAY 4TH 2021
513Toronto Raptors514Los Angeles Clippers
The visiting Toronto Raptors and the Los Angeles Clippers will meet for the first time this season on Tuesday night, but the players on these teams know each other well.
It is almost like a reunion of the 2019 Raptors NBA championship team. Kawhi Leonard and Serge Ibaka, who were key members of that team, are with the Clippers.
Holdovers from that team such as Kyle Lowry, Pascal Siakam and Fred VanVleet still make the Raptors go.
Patrick Patterson of the Clippers also played for the Raptors from 2013 to 2017.
Toronto (27-38) will be going for a split of its four-game Western swing after defeating the Los Angeles Lakers 121-114 Sunday night.
The Clippers (43-22) have dropped three straight, including a 110-104 home loss Saturday to the Denver Nuggets.
Lowry had a big night for the Raptors against the Lakers, matching his career-best for 3-pointers in going 8-for-13 from long range. He finished with a season-best 37 points and added 11 assists while committing only one turnover in nearly 41 minutes.
Siakam had a season-best 39 points and grabbed 13 rebounds. VanVleet did not play, resting an ailing hip that has cost him eight games.
While the Clippers have clinched a playoff spot, the Raptors are still hoping to reach the postseason and they intend to have fun in the attempt.
That was Lowry's message to his teammates on Sunday as they avoided a fourth-quarter collapse that had been a problem for them.
"I said at halftime. ...'No matter what happens in the rest of this game, let's have fun,'" Lowry said. "And you know I think that's one thing that we can always rally around each other is having fun.
"This game is a game of joy and fun, and when you're having fun, things like that happen. We just went out there and we literally just have had fun. Everybody was just having fun and that was big."
It was up to Lowry and Siakam to take over in the fourth quarter as the Lakers cut into what had been a 21-point lead.
"Obviously we know what's happening and we talk about each other," Siakam said. "And, then, coach (Nick Nurse) puts an emphasis on it, too. So, we've got to go out there and execute it in the fourth quarter."
In the Clippers' loss to the Nuggets on Saturday, Leonard returned to the lineup after being out five games with a sore right foot. He had missed nine of the past 10 games.
"I'm feeling good," Leonard said after scoring 16 points with six assists and five rebounds in 30 minutes of action. "We took the proper steps to get me right and make sure nothing significant is wrong with me."
Clippers coach Tyronn Lue said he liked what he saw.
"I don't know if it was fatigue or what, I just thought he really eased into it," Lue said. "I mean he didn't play at his normal pace of attacking and getting to the basket like he usually does -- that's to be expected. But it's just good to have him back."
The focus for the Clippers is to return to full strength for the playoffs.
Ibaka (lower back tightness) has been out since March 15 but is back on the practice court. Patrick Beverley (fractured hand) could soon return for the first time since April 8.
"It's going to take everybody to get to our ultimate goal," Leonard said.
--Field Level Media
This Game Has a Premium Report
Please Sign-In or Register
- @L.A. Clippers L 100 - 105
- @L.A. Lakers W 121 - 114
- @Utah L 102 - 106
- @Denver L 111 - 121
- Brooklyn L 116 - 103
- Cleveland W 96 - 112
- @New York L 103 - 120
- Brooklyn W 103 - 114
- Oklahoma City W 106 - 112
- Orlando W 102 - 113
- Toronto W 100 - 105
- Denver L 110 - 104
- @Phoenix L 101 - 109
- @New Orleans L 103 - 120
- @Houston W 109 - 104
- Memphis W 105 - 117
- @Portland W 113 - 112
- Minnesota W 105 - 124
- @Philadelphia L 103 - 106
- @Detroit W 100 - 98
- Washington(04-05-21) W 101 - 103
- Memphis(08-09-20) W 99 - 108
- L.A. Clippers(02-03-19) W 103 - 121
- @Chicago(03-14-21) L 95 - 118
- L.A. Lakers(04-04-21) W 86 - 104
- New York(03-03-19) W 107 - 128
- @Toronto(02-03-19) L 103 - 121
- @Charlotte(02-05-19) W 117 - 115
- Raptors @ Clippers 100-105
- Clippers @ Raptors 103-121
- Raptors @ Clippers 123-99
- Clippers @ Raptors 117-106
- Raptors @ Clippers 91-96
- Raptors @ Clippers 84-98
- Raptors @ Clippers 121-113
- Clippers @ Raptors 109-118
- Raptors @ Clippers 115-123
- Raptors @ Clippers 98-104
Los Angeles Clippers
- IllnessOut Thurs | out
Coffey has sat out the previous two games while going through the NBA's health and safety protocols, and he will not be available Thursday versus the Lakers.
- HandProb Tues | probable
Beverley has been sidelined with a fourth metacarpal fracture on his left hand, but he is projected to return to the court against the Raptors on Tuesday.
- FootMid May | out
Leonard is out of the lineup with right foot soreness, and he is not expected to return to the court until the middle part of May.
- ShoulderProb Wed | probable
Batum was removed from the previous game with a shoulder injury, but it is likely that he will participate in Wednesday's clash with the Suns.
- AnkleProb Wed | probable
George is battling an ankle injury, but it is anticipated that he will play against the Suns on Wednesday.
- TailboneProb Wed | probable
Coffey is dealing with a tailbone contusion, but it is anticipated that he will face the Suns on Wednesday.
- FluProb Wed | probable
Williams sat out the last game with flu-like symptoms, but it is projected that he will face the 76ers on Wednesday.
- RestOut Mon | out
Kennard will not take the court for Monday's tilt with the Pelicans, as he will be given a day of rest.
- BackProb Thurs | probable
Lowry missed the previous game with lower-back stiffness, but it is expected that he will line up against the Wizards on Thursday.
- AnkleProb Thurs | probable
Watanabe is bothered by right ankle soreness, but it is likely that he will dress for Thursday's battle with the Wizards.
- KneeMid May | out
Boucher departed the previous contest with a left knee MCL sprain, and he is not expected to return to action until the middle May.
- KneeQues Fri | questionable
Powell missed the last game with a knee injury, and it is unclear if he will face the Lakers on Friday.
- CalfOut Thurs | out
Anunoby missed the previous game with a calf injury, and he will not suit up versus the Wizards on Thursday.
- HipQues Tues | questionable
VanVleet missed the previous game with a hip injury, and it is unclear if he will partake in Tuesday's matchup versus the Clippers.
- KneeQues Mon | questionable
Powell is tending to right knee patellar tendinopathy, and it is unknown if he will be available to face the Trail Blazers on Monday.
- KneeOut indefinitely | out
Watson is out of commission due to left knee tendinitis, and it is uncertain how long he will be idle.
L.A. Clippers Trends
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Clippers last 6 games as a favorite.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Clippers last 5 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Clippers last 7 games as a home underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Clippers last 5 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Raptors last 5 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-2 in Raptors last 9 games as a favorite.Hit %77.80% (9)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-2 in Raptors last 8 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5.Hit %75.00% (8)O/U6|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 14-6 in Raptors last 20 games as a road underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %70.00% (20)O/U6|14Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 13-4 in the last 17 meetings in Los Angeles.Hit %76.50% (17)O/U4|13Push0W/L