Check GameAdvisers.com AI Computer Pick For NBA. Our AI Computer Pick system have 57.39% ROI for the last 75 days on NBA. | Get Access Now
Phoenix Suns vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Pick & Prediction MAY 4TH 2021
501Phoenix Suns502Cleveland Cavaliers
The Phoenix Suns are trying to avoid any hiccups against upset-minded foes as they try to secure the top seed in the Western Conference.
The Suns narrowly escaped Oklahoma City with a 123-120 win on Sunday -- their fourth consecutive victory.
Phoenix (46-18) will take on another team out of contention on the road Tuesday night, visiting the Cleveland Cavaliers (21-43), who have lost six consecutive games.
After facing Cleveland, the Suns close the regular season with a stretch against seven teams in position for the playoffs (top six each conference) or the play-in round (top 10). Six of Phoenix's final eight games are on the road.
The Suns entered Monday's games tied with the Utah Jazz at the top of the Western Conference.
"At this point in the season, you're trying to pile up wins," Suns guard Chris Paul said. "It wasn't our prettiest game; it wasn't the prettiest finish. We got the win and we're going to move on."
Paul continued to show what a valuable acquisition he has been for Phoenix, finishing with 18 points and 11 assists against his former team.
Devin Booker, the Suns' leading scorer with 25.6 points per game, had 32 points.
But Suns coach Monty Williams wasn't happy with his team's play down the stretch as Oklahoma City closed the game on a 17-4 run.
"It certainly wasn't the way we wanted to close out the game," Williams said. "We could have executed a lot better down the stretch."
The Cavaliers entered Monday's games on the brink of elimination and would miss the playoffs for the third consecutive season since LeBron James departed to Los Angeles.
"Living in the moment of being the underdog, that's when it's the most fun," Cleveland coach J.B. Bickerstaff said. "You can play freely, just scrap and leave it all on the floor."
Collin Sexton had 25 points and eight assists in a 124-107 loss at home to the surging Miami Heat on Saturday, and Cedi Osman had 15 points, a career-high 11 assists and seven rebounds.
Kevin Love bounced back after a subpar game against Washington to score a season-high 25 points and shot 9-for-14, including 7-of-10 from 3-point range.
Love called Friday's performance - when he didn't score in 22 minutes of a 122-93 home loss to the Washington Wizards -- "an absolute anomaly, so I wanted to come out and be super-aggressive."
The Cavaliers were without Darius Garland (sprained left ankle), Lamar Stevens (concussion) and Isaiah Hartenstein (concussion) against Miami. Matthew Dellavedova (neck), Taurean Prince (left ankle surgery), Larry Nance Jr. (fractured right thumb) and Dylan Windler (left knee surgery) are expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Phoenix's Jae Crowder (right ankle sprain) and Cameron Payne (left knee bruise) were out against Oklahoma City, and Abdel Nader (arthroscopic knee surgery) is out indefinitely.
The Suns won the first matchup of the season between the teams. Booker scored a game-high 36 points as Phoenix beat visiting Cleveland 119-113 on Feb. 8.
--Field Level Media
This Game Has a Premium Report
Please Sign-In or Register
- @Atlanta L 103 - 135
- @Cleveland W 134 - 118
- @Oklahoma City W 123 - 120
- Utah W 100 - 121
- L.A. Clippers W 101 - 109
- @New York W 118 - 110
- @Brooklyn L 119 - 128
- @Boston L 86 - 99
- @Philadelphia W 116 - 113
- @Milwaukee W 128 - 127
- Portland L 141 - 105
- Phoenix L 134 - 118
- Miami L 124 - 107
- Washington L 122 - 93
- Orlando L 109 - 104
- @Toronto L 96 - 112
- @Washington L 110 - 119
- @Charlotte L 102 - 108
- Chicago W 105 - 121
- @Detroit L 105 - 109
- New York(03-06-19) W 96 - 107
- @L.A. Lakers(03-02-21) W 114 - 104
- @Golden State(03-10-19) W 115 - 111
- Portland(02-22-21) W 100 - 132
- @Dallas(03-16-19) L 116 - 121
- Dallas(02-02-19) L 111 - 98
- Indiana(03-03-21) L 114 - 111
- Boston(03-17-21) W 110 - 117
- Suns @ Cavaliers 134-118
- Cavaliers @ Suns 113-119
- Cavaliers @ Suns 113-122
- Suns @ Cavaliers 98-111
- Suns @ Cavaliers 95-120
- Cavaliers @ Suns 129-107
- Suns @ Cavaliers 103-118
- Cavaliers @ Suns 120-116
- Suns @ Cavaliers 93-115
- Cavaliers @ Suns 101-97
- AnkleQues Fri | questionable
Porter Jr. was removed from the last contest, leaving his status against the Bucks on Friday hazy.
- AnkleQues Fri | questionable
Garland has missed the last three contests with a left ankle injury, and it remains to be seen if he will be active for Friday's tilt with the Mavericks.
- Neckout for season | out
Dellavedova has been sidelined due to a neck strain, and it is projected that he will miss the remainder of the season.
- ConcussionOut indefinitely | out
Stevens is going while going through the league's concussion protocol, and a timetable for return has yet to be established.
- ThumbOut indefinitely | out
Nance Jr. is out of the lineup with a fractured right thumb, and he will miss an extended period.
- BicepQues Fri | questionable
Kurucs has missed the previous three games due to a biceps injury, and it is unknown if he will take the court against the Bulls on Friday.
- ConcussionQues Fri | questionable
Sexton has missed the previous three games due to a concussion, and it is uncertain if he will be in the lineup Friday versus the Wizards.
- Calfout for season | out
Exum is expected to miss the remainder of the season due to a right calf strain.
- AnkleOut indefinitely | out
Crowder will be out of the lineup for an undetermined length of time with a right ankle sprain.
- KneeQues Tues | questionable
Payne missed the previous game due to a left knee contusion, and it is unclear if he will be available for Tuesday's tilt versus the Cavaliers.
- WristProb Sun | probable
Johnson is tending to a sprained right wrist, but he is likely to take the court Sunday versus the Thunder.
- KneeOut indefinitely | out
Nader is sidelined after undergoing arthroscopic right knee surgery, and there is no timetable for his return.
- AnkleProb Fri | probable
Saric has missed the previous two games due to a left ankle injury, but it is anticipated that he will face the Nuggets on Friday.
- PersonalQues Wed | questionable
Galloway has missed the last two games due to a personal matter, and it remains to be seen if he will be available for Wednesday's tilt with the Clippers.
- RestOut Sun | out
Saric will not take the court on Sunday versus the Nets, as he will be given a day of rest.
- AnkleQues Thurs | questionable
Saric is bothered by a ankle injury, and it remains to be seen if he will be in the lineup Thursday versus the Celtics.
- TrendOver is 14-5-1 in Cavaliers last 20 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %73.70% (20)O/U14|5Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 3-0-1 in Cavaliers last 4 games as a favorite.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U3|0Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games as a home favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-1 in Suns last 7 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U14|5Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 11-4 in Suns last 15 games as a favorite.Hit %73.30% (15)O/U3|0Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Suns last 5 games as a road underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 26-10 in Suns last 36 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %72.20% (36)O/U1|7Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U5|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 9-1 in the last 10 meetings in Cleveland.Hit %90.00% (10)O/U1|9Push0W/L
- TrendSuns are 0-4 ATS in the last 4 meetings in Cleveland.Hit %0.00% (4)O/UPush0W/L0|4