Check GameAdvisers.com AI Computer Pick For NCAAF. Our AI Computer Pick system have 37.95% ROI for the last 50 days on NCAAF. | 7 Day Trial for $1/Day
Liberty Flames vs. NC State Wolfpack Pick & Prediction NOV 21TH 2020
Zonovan Knight scored on a pair of touchdown runs and North Carolina State used a late blocked field goal to pull out a 15-14 victory and end No. 21 Liberty's bid for an undefeated season Saturday night in Raleigh, N.C.
N.C. State's Vi Jones blocked a 39-yard field goal attempt from Alex Barbir with 1:18 remaining to preserve the lead. Knight tallied the go-ahead score on a 4-yard play with 6:53 remaining in the game.
Liberty (8-1), which was trying to conquer its third Atlantic Coast Conference opponent of the season, had a 10-game winning streak dating to last season. The Flames ended one victory shy of tying the school record.
The Flames began the potential winning drive on their own 8-yard line.
Liberty quarterback Malik Willis was 13-for-32 for 172 yards, two touchdowns and three interceptions.
Knight rushed for 96 yards on 14 carries.
Bailey Hockman was 14-for-27 for 154 yards and one interception for the Wolfpack (6-3), who were playing their lone nonconference game of the season. N.C. State is 2-3 vs. ranked opponents this year.
State freshman Aydan White made his first career interception on a diving pick to give the Wolfpack the ball at the Liberty 26-yard line in the fourth quarter. The Wolfpack converted, including a third-down pick-up on Hockman's scramble, en route to taking the lead for the first time in the second half.
After Knight's run put N.C. State on top, a two-point conversion play failed.
N.C. State was held to 110 yards of total offense in the second half after posting 210 in the first half. The Wolfpack overcame a season-high 123 penalty yards.
Liberty went up 14-7 before N.C. State's first points of the second half came on a safety. Linebacker Isaiah Moore made a tackle of running back Peytton Pickett in the end zone on Liberty's first snap after a punt pinned the Flames at their own 3-yard line.
It was N.C. State's first safety in 10 years.
Willis was 4-for-13 through the air in the first half, but his 12-yard toss to Noah Frith with 19 seconds remaining before halftime allowed the Flames to pull even.
Liberty maintained the momentum by taking the lead in the third quarter on Willis' 6-yard pass to Jerome Jackson.
Knight opened the scoring on a 19-yard run in the second quarter.
Willis had gone the previous four games without throwing an interception.
--Field Level Media
Need Help Beating Your Sportsbook? Get $60 in Free Premium Member Only picks from Doc's Sports Service, one of the most trusted names in
handicapping since 1971! No salesmen and no obligations!
- Massachusetts W 0 - 45
- @NC State L 14 - 15
- Western Carolina W 14 - 58
- @Virginia Tech W 38 - 35
- Southern Miss W 35 - 56
- @Syracuse W 38 - 21
- UL Monroe W 7 - 40
- North Alabama W 7 - 28
- Florida International W 34 - 36
- @Western Kentucky W 30 - 24
- @Syracuse W 36 - 29
- Liberty W 14 - 15
- Florida State W 22 - 38
- Miami L 44 - 41
- @North Carolina L 21 - 48
- Duke W 20 - 31
- @Virginia W 38 - 21
- @Pittsburgh W 30 - 29
- @Virginia Tech L 24 - 45
- Wake Forest W 42 - 45
- @Coastal Carolina(12-31-69)
- Georgia Tech(11-08-14) L 56 - 23
- Flames @ Wolfpack 14-15
- Flames @ Wolfpack 21-43
NC State Wolfpack
- UndisclosedOut indefinitely | out
Provillon has been sidelined due to an undetermined injury, and it has yet to be established when he will return to the fold.
- UndisclosedQues Sat | questionable
Riley has sat out the last four games due to an unspecified ailment, and it is uncertain if he will play Saturday versus Georgia Tech.
- UndisclosedQues Sat | questionable
Yarbrough missed the last game with an unspecified injury, and it is unknown if he will play against Coastal Carolina on Saturday.
NC State Trends
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Wolfpack last 5 games as a home underdog of 3.5-10.0.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Wolfpack last 5 games as a home underdog of 10.5 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 11-1 in Wolfpack last 12 games as a favorite of 10.5 or greater.Hit %91.70% (12)O/U1|11Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Wolfpack last 6 games as a home underdog.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 7-2 in Flames last 9 games as a favorite.Hit %77.80% (9)O/U7|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Flames last 5 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 15-7 in Flames last 22 games as an underdog.Hit %68.20% (22)O/U6|0Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-1 in Flames last 7 games as a road favorite.Hit %85.70% (7)O/U6|1Push0W/L