The Boston Celtics are an American professional basketball team based in Boston, Massachusetts. They play in the Atlantic Division of the Eastern Conference in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Founded in 1946 and one of eight NBA teams (out of 23 total teams) to survive the league's first decade, the team is currently owned by Boston Basketball Partners LLC. The Celtics play their home games at the TD Garden, which they share with the National Hockey League (NHL)'s Boston Bruins. The franchise's 17 championships are the most for any NBA franchise, and account for 24.6% of all NBA championships since the league's founding in 1946.
Past 10 meetings
- Celtics @ Pacers 117-122 L
- Cavaliers @ Celtics 88-110 W
- Nuggets @ Celtics 95-108 W
- Heat @ Celtics 93-112 W
- Celtics @ Knicks 113-104 W
- Celtics @ Nets 107-112 L
- Nets @ Celtics 110-121 W
- Kings @ Celtics 102-103 W
- Celtics @ Nuggets 92-96 L
- Celtics @ Clippers 104-107 L
- Philadelphia(12-25-18) 114 - 121
- @Dallas(11-24-18) 104 - 113
- Detroit(02-13-19) 110 - 118
- Charlotte(10-06-19) 106 - 107
- @Toronto(02-26-19) 95 - 118
- Cleveland(12-09-19) 88 - 110
- Toronto(10-25-19) 106 - 112
- @Charlotte(11-07-19) 108 - 87
- Atlanta(03-16-19) 120 - 129
- @Chicago(02-23-19) 116 - 126
- @Washington(04-09-19) 116 - 110
- San Antonio(03-24-19) 115 - 96
Team leaders 2016-2017
- 42 Al Horford 81 | 240lbs 06/03/1986
- 5 Amir Johnson 81 | 240lbs 05/01/1987
- 45 Tyler Zeller 84 | 259lbs 01/17/1990
- 20 Demetrius Jackson 73 | 205lbs 09/07/1994
- 3 Terry Rozier 73 | 190lbs 03/17/1994
- 36 Marcus Smart 75 | 220lbs 03/06/1994
- 4 Isaiah Thomas 69 | 185lbs 02/07/1989
- 21 Jonas Jerebko 82 | 231lbs 03/02/1987
- 25 Jordan Mickey 80 | 235lbs 07/09/1994
- 9 Kelly Olynyk 83 | 240lbs 04/19/1991
- 11 Avery Bradley 75 | 180lbs 11/26/1990
- 7 Jaylen Brown 78 | 223lbs 10/24/1996
- 14 Gerald Green 78 | 205lbs 01/26/1986
- James Young 78 | 215lbs 08/16/1995
Boston-Celtics Stats 2016-2017
- HipQues Thurs | questionable
Williams III has sat out the last two games with a sore left hip, and it is unknown if he will play Thursday versus the 76ers.
- EyeQues Thurs | questionable
Smart has been held out of the previous two games with an eye infection and flu-like symptoms. It is uncertain if he will be available for Thursday's clash with the 76ers.
- AnkleQues Thurs | questionable
Lanford has missed the past three games with a right ankle sprain, and it is unclear if he will return against the 76ers on Thursday.
- NoseQues Thurs | questionable
Hayward left the last game with a nose injury, and it is undetermined if he will face the 76ers on Thursday.
- HandProb Mon | probable
Hayward has been recovering from surgery to repair a fourth metacarpal fracture in his left hand. It is likely that he will return to the lineup Monday against the Cavaliers.
- AbdominalProb Fri | probable
Smart was held out of the previous game due to an abdominal contusion and an illness. It is projected that he will play Friday versus the Nuggets.
- AnkleOut indefinitely | out
Langord is sidelined with a right ankle sprain, and it is undetermined when he will return.
- AnkleQues Sun | questionable
Langford missed his third straight game due to a right ankle sprain, and it is unknown if he will suit up against the Knicks on Sunday.