Check GameAdvisers.com AI Computer Pick For NBA. Our AI Computer Pick system have 16.08% ROI for the last 30 days on NBA. | Get Access Now
Atlanta Hawks vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Pick & Prediction FEB 23TH 2021
Lamar Stevens' slam dunk with 4.1 seconds left lifted the Cleveland Cavaliers to a 112-111 win over the visiting Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday, ending the team's 10-game losing streak.
Atlanta's Trae Young missed a floater with 11.3 seconds remaining and Stevens grabbed the rebound. Stevens raced downcourt, took a pass from Collin Sexton and scored the winning basket.
Atlanta had no timeouts remaining, wasting its final one to challenge a call with 1:51 remaining, and could not get off a final shot.
Sexton, playing with five fouls, finished with 29 points and five assists. His basket with 1:11 remaining cut the margin to 111-110 and gave Cleveland a chance. The Hawks missed three shots in the final minute, all of them by Young.
Darius Garland had 17 points and eight assists and rookie Dylan Windler set career highs with 15 points and five 3-point baskets.
Atlanta got 28 points and 12 rebounds from Young, 22 points from Kevin Huerter and 12 points and 17 rebounds from Clint Capela.
The Hawks were without Cam Reddish (right Achilles soreness) and lost John Collins, who took a blow to the head midway in the second period and did not return for the second half while the team awaits results of a concussion evaluation. Tony Snell started in place of Reddish and scored 11. Collins scored 13.
Atlanta coach Lloyd Pierce, who missed the last three games, was back on the bench.
The Cavaliers led 28-27 after the first quarter and opened the second quarter with an 18-6 run. JaVale McGee's dunk gave Cleveland a 46-33 lead with 7:44, the final time it led by 13 in the first half. The Hawks came back and drew to within 58-55 at halftime.
Atlanta led by as many as six in the second half after Young's 3-pointer gave it a 76-70 lead with 6:08. But the Cavs wouldn't go away and tied the game 84-84 on Garland's driving layup at the buzzer.
--Field Level Media
This Game Has a Premium Report
Please Sign-In or Register
- @Orlando W 115 - 112
- @Miami W 94 - 80
- @Miami L 99 - 109
- @Oklahoma City L 109 - 118
- Boston W 112 - 127
- @Cleveland L 111 - 112
- Denver W 115 - 123
- @Boston L 109 - 121
- @Boston W 122 - 114
- @New York L 112 - 123
- Indiana L 114 - 111
- @Houston W 101 - 90
- @Philadelphia W 112 - 109
- Houston W 96 - 112
- Atlanta W 111 - 112
- Oklahoma City L 117 - 101
- Denver L 120 - 103
- San Antonio D 0 - 0
- @Golden State L 98 - 129
- @L.A. Clippers L 111 - 128
- @Toronto(01-08-19) L 101 - 104
- @New Orleans(01-09-19) L 124 - 140
- Hawks @ Cavaliers 111-112
- Cavaliers @ Hawks 96-91
- Cavaliers @ Hawks 108-111
- Hawks @ Cavaliers 114-136
- Hawks @ Cavaliers 133-111
- Cavaliers @ Hawks 123-107
- Hawks @ Cavaliers 114-123
- Cavaliers @ Hawks 121-114
- Hawks @ Cavaliers 117-115
- Hawks @ Cavaliers 109-93
|New York Knicks||19||18||.514||11-7||8-11||104.9||104.4||L1||7-0-3|
|Portland Trail Blazers||20||14||.588||10-6||10-8||114.2||114.8||L4||6-0-4|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||14||21||.400||6-11||8-10||105.9||111.7||L2||4-0-6|
|Los Angeles Clippers||24||13||.649||12-6||12-7||114.8||109.2||L2||5-0-5|
|Los Angeles Lakers||24||13||.649||11-8||13-5||111.4||106.3||L2||3-0-7|
|Golden State Warriors||19||17||.528||12-6||7-11||113.8||112.7||L2||5-0-5|
|San Antonio Spurs||18||13||.581||9-9||9-4||111.3||111.1||L1||7-0-3|
|New Orleans Pelicans||15||20||.429||10-8||5-12||116.1||116.3||L1||4-0-6|
- ConcussionOut indefinitely | out
Dellavedova is out of the lineup with a concussion, and there is currently no timetable for his return to action.
- CalfMid March | out
Love is out of commission with a right calf strain, and he is not expected to return until the middle of March.
- GroinQues March 12 | questionable
Garland exited the previous game with a left groin strain, and it is unknown if he will be available against the Pelicans on March 12.
- AnkleProb Wed | probable
Prince has missed the previous two games with left ankle soreness, but it is anticipated that he will suit up Wednesday versus the Pacers.
- BackProb Mon | probable
Osman has sat out the previous game due to lower-back pain, but it is anticipated that he will be available Monday versus the Rockets.
- AnkleLate March | out
Dunn is recovering from surgery to remove loose cartilage in his right ankle, and he is not expected to return until the latter part of March.
- FootQues March 11 | questionable
Capela sat out the previous game with right foot soreness, and it is uncertain if he will face the Raptors on March 11.
- AchillesOut indefinitely | out
Reddish has been held out of the lineup with a right Achilles injury, and it is unclear how long he will be idle.
- KneeProb Tues | probable
Bogdanovic is sidelined with a bone contusion and right knee fracture, but he is projected to make his return against the Heat on Tuesday.
- BackProb Tues | probable
Huerter is dealing with upper-back tightness, but he is projected to line up for Tuesday's contest versus the Heat.
- GroinProb Sun | probable
Young is tending to a groin injury, but he is likely to be in the lineup Sunday versus the Heat.
- ConcussionQues Wed | questionable
Collins exited the last contest to be evaluated for a concussion, and it is unclear if he will be active against the Celtics on Wednesday.
- BackProb Tues | probable
Rondo is sidelined with lower-back soreness, but he is expected to return against the Cavaliers on Tuesday.
- TrendOver is 14-5-1 in Cavaliers last 20 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %73.70% (20)O/U14|5Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games as a home favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 3-0-1 in Cavaliers last 4 games as a home underdog.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U0|3Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Cavaliers last 6 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 9-3 in Hawks last 12 games as a favorite.Hit %75.00% (12)O/U3|9Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Hawks last 5 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 36-15 in Hawks last 51 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %70.60% (51)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 36-17 in Hawks last 53 games as an underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %67.90% (53)O/U36|17Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 23-9 in the last 32 meetings.Hit %71.90% (32)O/U23|9Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 21-8 in the last 29 meetings in Cleveland.Hit %72.40% (29)O/U21|8Push0W/L
- TrendHawks are 0-5 ATS in the last 5 meetings.Hit %0.00% (5)O/UPush0W/L0|5