Get a detailed betting report for this game and over 400 other games monthly for only $9.99 per month. | Get Access Now
Charlotte Hornets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Pick & Prediction APR 7TH 2021
555Charlotte Hornets556Oklahoma City Thunder
Heading into Wednesday night's meeting in Oklahoma City, Charlotte Hornets coach James Borrego and Oklahoma City Thunder coach Mark Daigneault have had to do plenty of playing around with their lineups.
Borrego's latest challenge is the loss of Gordon Hayward, who suffered a sprained right foot in Friday's win at Indiana and is expected to be out for at least four weeks.
The injury left the Hornets without three of their top five leading scorers. In addition to Hayward, who is averaging 19.6 points a game, Charlotte is without rookie LaMelo Ball (15.9 ppg; fractured wrist) and Malik Monk (13.1; sprained right ankle).
"It's going to be different lineups and it's going to be tinkering throughout each game. I'm probably going to have to play even more small now to find offense," Borrego said recently. "Obviously, LaMelo and Malik were two guys generating a ton of offense for us -- on their own, getting downhill, creating for us."
The Hornets, who averaged nearly 112 points a game through March, are averaging 96.3 over their past three contests and twice have lost without reaching 90 points in their two lowest-scoring performances of the season.
"We've got to find some rhythm offensively. It's just going to take time," Borrego said. "We're a work in progress. This is a great challenge for us. But we move forward."
For the Thunder, there have been plenty of injuries but also other factors, including the trade of Hamidou Diallo, the shutting down of Al Horford, the removal of Mike Muscala from the rotation, and the recent waiving of Justin Jackson.
Upon Jackson's departure Monday, Oklahoma City quickly announced the signings of Justin Robinson to a 10-day contract and Jaylen Hoard to a two-way deal. And that very night, Robinson played 24 minutes and Hoard 22 in a 132-108 loss to Detroit. It was a career high in minutes for both players.
"We don't know them intimately," Daigneault said. "They don't know us. For them to play the minutes they did, we needed them."
And the Thunder figure to continue to need them.
It's likely that none of the Thunder's starters and just two of the 10 players who saw action in the season's first meeting between the teams -- a 109-107 Oklahoma City win Dec. 26 in Charlotte -- will be available for Wednesday's second and final meeting between the clubs.
The latest injured player for the Thunder is Kenrich Williams, who left Monday's loss to the Pistons early in the fourth quarter with a left-ankle sprain.
Williams joins Luguentz Dort and Isaiah Roby among the Oklahoma City players who recently have suffered injuries. Both Dort and Roby are in the NBA's concussion protocol.
The Thunder have dropped three in a row and six of their past seven.
The game is the fifth in a six-game road trip for the Hornets, who are 2-2 on the trip.
--Field Level Media
This Game Has a Premium Report
Please Sign-In or Register
- @New York L 97 - 109
- Portland W 101 - 109
- @Brooklyn L 115 - 130
- Cleveland L 103 - 90
- L.A. Lakers L 101 - 93
- Atlanta L 105 - 101
- @Milwaukee W 127 - 119
- @Oklahoma City W 113 - 102
- @Boston L 86 - 116
- @Indiana W 114 - 97
- @Washington L 107 - 119
- @Toronto L 106 - 112
- @Detroit L 104 - 110
- Golden State L 147 - 109
- @Utah L 96 - 106
- Philadelphia L 117 - 93
- Cleveland L 129 - 102
- Charlotte L 113 - 102
- Detroit L 132 - 108
- @Portland L 85 - 133
- @Chicago(10-24-18) L 110 - 112
- Cleveland(04-14-21) L 103 - 90
- Boston(03-23-19) W 117 - 124
- Milwaukee(01-30-21) W 114 - 126
- @Boston(04-04-21) L 86 - 116
- @Indiana(03-14-19) L 106 - 108
- Washington(08-09-20) W 103 - 121
- @Philadelphia(01-19-19) W 117 - 115
- @Boston(07-24-20) W 98 - 84
- Hornets @ Thunder 113-102
- Thunder @ Hornets 109-107
- Hornets @ Thunder 104-109
- Thunder @ Hornets 111-107
- Thunder @ Hornets 101-91
- Hornets @ Thunder 116-103
- Hornets @ Thunder 113-101
- Thunder @ Hornets 112-123
- Hornets @ Thunder 95-109
- Thunder @ Hornets 109-90
|New York Knicks||32||27||.542||19-10||13-17||106.2||104.3||L2||8-0-2|
|Portland Trail Blazers||32||24||.571||16-12||16-12||114.3||114.7||L1||4-0-6|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||20||38||.345||9-20||11-18||105.3||114.3||L11||1-0-10|
|Los Angeles Clippers||40||19||.678||23-8||17-11||115.0||108.1||L1||8-0-2|
|Los Angeles Lakers||35||23||.603||17-13||18-10||109.9||106.1||L1||5-0-5|
|Golden State Warriors||29||29||.500||17-10||12-19||112.9||113.3||L1||6-0-4|
|San Antonio Spurs||28||28||.500||12-18||16-10||110.6||111.1||L2||4-0-6|
|New Orleans Pelicans||25||33||.431||16-15||9-18||114.7||115.4||L4||4-0-6|
Oklahoma City Thunder
- ToeOut Wed | out
Roby sat out the previous game with a toe injury, and he will not face the Pacers on Wednesday.
- PersonalOut indefinitely | out
Deck is out of commission due to a personal matter, and team officials have yet to provide an exact return date.
- HipQues Wed | questionable
Dort is battling a hip injury, and it remains to be seen if he will dress for Wednesday's battle with the Pacers.
- KneeOut Wed | out
Hall has missed the previous three contests due to bilateral knee soreness, and he will not suit up versus the Pacers on Wednesday.
- ThumbProb Mon | probable
Hill is expected to suit up against the Warriors on Monday after recovering from surgery to repair a right thumb sprain.
- RestOut Mon | out
Dort will not be available for Monday's tilt with the Wizards as he will be given a day of rest.
- KneeQues Mon | questionable
Diallo sat out the last two contests due to right knee inflammation, and it remains to be seen if he will be in the lineup Monday versus the Cavaliers.
- ArmProb Sun | probable
Pokusevski has sat out the past three contests with right arm soreness, but he is projected to face the Raptors on Sunday.
- WristEarly May | out
Ball is recovering from a fractured right wrist, and he is expected to be sidelined until at least the beginning of May.
- AnkleQues Thurs | questionable
Darling has missed the last four contests with a right ankle sprain, and it remains to be seen if he will be available versus the Bulls on Thursday.
- AnkleProb Sun | probable
Washington has been absent from the previous three contests with a right ankle sprain, but it is likely that he will suit up for Sunday's tilt with the Trail Blazers.
- AnkleLate April | out
Monk is out of the lineup with a right ankle sprain, and he is expected to miss two weeks.
- KneeProb Wed | probable
Rozier sat out the last game with left knee tendinitis, but it is projected that he will be active against the Cavaliers on Wednesday.
- Eyeday-to-day | questionable
McDaniels exited Sunday's game with a left eye injury, and it is unclear if he will return.
Oklahoma City Trends
- TrendUnder is 5-1 in Thunder last 6 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 20-8-1 in Thunder last 29 games as a favorite.Hit %71.40% (29)O/U20|8Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 6-1-1 in Thunder last 8 games as a home favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %85.70% (8)O/U6|1Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 8-2 in Thunder last 10 games as a home underdog.Hit %80.00% (10)O/U8|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-0 in Hornets last 4 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U1|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-0 in Hornets last 5 games as a favorite.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U20|8Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 20-9 in Hornets last 29 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %69.00% (29)O/U35|17Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 6-0 in Hornets last 6 games as a road underdog.Hit %100.00% (6)O/U0|6Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-0 in the last 5 meetings.Hit %100.00% (5)O/U0|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 9-4-1 in the last 14 meetings in Oklahoma City.Hit %69.20% (14)O/U4|9Push1W/L
- TrendHornets are 1-4 ATS in the last 5 meetings.Hit %20.00% (5)O/UPush0W/L1|4
- TrendHornets are 3-8-1 ATS in the last 12 meetings in Oklahoma City.Hit %27.30% (12)O/UPush1W/L3|8