Check GameAdvisers.com AI Computer Pick For NBA. | 7 Day Trial for $1/Day
New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers Pick & Prediction JAN 13TH 2021
New Orleans vs. Los Angeles Recap JAN 13TH 2021
Paul George scored 28 points and led a 3-point barrage as the Los Angeles Clippers routed the New Orleans Pelicans 126-103 on Saturday near Orlando.
The Clippers (45-21) tied a franchise record for 3-pointers made in a half when they hit 16-of-24 on their way to a 77-45 halftime lead. They were one 3-pointer shy of the NBA record for a first half.
They finished 25 of 47, falling short of the Golden State Warriors' NBA record 27 3-pointers in a game.
The 32-point halftime deficit was the largest in franchise history for the Pelicans (28-38), who saw their playoff hopes continue to fade.
L.A. led by as many as 42 points in the third quarter and finished the period with a 103-66 cushion.
George made 8 of 11 3-pointers and missed all six of his two-point shots. Kawhi Leonard scored 24 points and Reggie Jackson came off the bench to add 15. George and Leonard went to the bench for good with 1:04 left in the third quarter.
Rookie Nickeil Alexander-Walker led New Orleans with 15 points, Brandon Ingram scored 14 points, Derrick Favors had 12 and JJ Redick and Frank Jackson each added 11.
Rookie Zion Williamson, who is on a minutes restriction after missing 13 days of training while tending to a family emergency, had seven points and five rebounds in 14 minutes.
The Clippers set the tone for the 3-point shooting right from the outset.
Patrick Beverley scored the game's first points when he made a 3-pointer and George followed by making three consecutive 3-pointers in a span of 1:06 as L.A. raced to a 12-2 lead.
Leonard scored the Clippers' first two-point basket on a 20-foot jumper before he and Beverley each made a 3-pointer.
L.A. took a 22-8 lead as 18 of its points came on 3-pointers and it rolled to a 37-25 lead at the end of the first quarter.
The Clippers continued the long-range sharp-shooting as six of the nine players who entered the game in the first half made multiple 3-pointers.
--Field Level Media
Kawhi Leonard had 28 points, nine assists and six rebounds, and the host Los Angeles Clippers defeated the short-handed New Orleans Pelicans 111-106 on Wednesday.
Paul George had 27 points, six rebounds and six assists for the Clippers. George hit 5 of 9 3-pointers and 8 of 16 shots from the floor. Patrick Beverley added 10 points and six rebounds.
Nickeil Alexander-Walker scored a career-high 37 points on 15-of-23 shooting, including 5 of 8 3-pointers for the Pelicans, who played without Zion Williamson (health and safety protocols), Lonzo Ball (knee) and Eric Bledsoe (eye).
Brandon Ingram collected 22 points and six rebounds. Steven Adams finished with 12 points and six rebounds. J.J. Redick chipped in 12 points, while Kira Lewis Jr. finished with 10 for the Pelicans, who lost their fourth in a row.
The Clippers dictated for much of the contest. However, Alexander-Walker kept the Pelicans close. His 3-pointer cut the margin to 102-96 with 3:24 remaining but an 8-2 run by the Clippers put them up 110-98.
A follow by Josh Hart closed the gap to 110-104 with 1:13 left but Los Angeles held on as the Pelicans missed their final four shots.
New Orleans sliced Los Angeles' 18-point halftime lead to eight twice in the third quarter. However, the Clippers carried an 83-71 edge heading into the fourth.
The Clippers closed the second quarter on a 21-4 surge, capped by a 3-pointer by George at the horn, to seize a 61-43 advantage at the break. The Clippers outscored the Pelicans 33-15 in the second quarter.
George led all scorers in the first half with 18 points. His four first-half 3-pointers helped Los Angeles own an edge from long distance, converting 11 of 20 to 4 of 15 for New Orleans.
Overall, the Clippers made 18 of 37 3-pointers to 10 of 28 for the Pelicans.
--Field Level Media
This Game Has a Premium Report
Please Sign-In or Register
To access the betting report for New Orleans Pelicans vs. Los Angeles Clippers, pleaseSign in
or register a premium account if you haven't done so alreadyBecome SAS Premium Member for $9.99/month
- @Utah L 118 - 129
- @Utah L 102 - 118
- @Sacramento W 128 - 123
- @L.A. Lakers L 95 - 112
- @L.A. Clippers L 106 - 111
- @Dallas D 0 - 0
- Charlotte L 118 - 110
- Oklahoma City L 111 - 110
- Indiana L 118 - 116
- Toronto W 116 - 120
- Oklahoma City W 106 - 120
- Sacramento W 96 - 115
- Indiana W 96 - 129
- @Sacramento W 138 - 100
- New Orleans W 106 - 111
- Chicago W 127 - 130
- @Golden State L 105 - 115
- @Golden State W 108 - 101
- San Antonio L 116 - 113
- @Phoenix W 112 - 107
- @Minnesota(01-12-19) L 106 - 110
- San Antonio(12-27-20) W 95 - 98
- Washington(08-07-20) W 107 - 118
- Milwaukee(12-18-20) W 113 - 127
- Houston(03-24-19) L 113 - 90
- Oklahoma City(01-22-21) W 106 - 120
- @Atlanta(11-19-18) W 127 - 119
- @Miami(01-23-19) W 111 - 99
- @Orlando(11-02-18) W 120 - 95
- @New York(03-24-19) W 124 - 113
- Pelicans @ Clippers 106-111
- Pelicans @ Clippers 103-126
- Pelicans @ Clippers 121-117
- Clippers @ Pelicans 129-126
- Clippers @ Pelicans 109-116
- Pelicans @ Clippers 113-100
- Pelicans @ Clippers 121-116
- Clippers @ Pelicans 112-103
- Clippers @ Pelicans 103-111
- Clippers @ Pelicans 98-102
|New York Knicks||8||8||.500||3-4||5-4||101.8||102.8||L5||5-0-5|
|Portland Trail Blazers||8||6||.571||4-4||4-2||114.9||115.9||L1||6-0-4|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||6||7||.462||1-5||5-2||105.6||112.6||L1||5-0-5|
|Los Angeles Lakers||12||4||.750||4-4||8-0||115.1||105.2||L1||8-0-2|
|Los Angeles Clippers||11||4||.733||6-2||5-2||114.9||107.8||L1||7-0-3|
|Golden State Warriors||8||7||.533||5-4||3-3||111.7||114.3||L1||6-0-4|
|San Antonio Spurs||8||7||.533||2-4||6-3||110.3||110.5||L1||6-0-4|
|New Orleans Pelicans||5||9||.357||2-3||3-6||108.1||110.9||L2||3-0-7|
Los Angeles Clippers
- PersonalOut Fri | out
Batum is tending to a personal matter, and he will not face the Thunder on Friday.
- HipProb Wed | probable
Williams has sat out the last two games with a hip injury, but it is projected that he will face the Kings on Wednesday.
- IllnessProb Wed | probable
Ibaka is expected to play Wednesday versus the Kings after healing from an illness.
- PersonalQues Sun | questionable
Beverley sat out the previous game due to a personal matter, and it is unknown if he will take part in Sunday's battle with the Pacers.
- FootOut Indefinitely | out
Scrubb is sidelined with a foot injury, and there is no timetable for return.
- AbdominalProb Wed | probable
Zubac is dealing with abdominal soreness, but it is likely that he will take part in Wednesday's contest against the Pelicans.
New Orleans Pelicans
- KneeProb Tues | probable
Ball has missed the previous three games due to a bilateral knee tendinopathy, but he is expected to be active Tuesday against the Jazz.
- EyeQues Fri | questionable
Bledsoe missed the previous game with right eye irritation, and it is up in the air if he will suit up for Friday's tilt versus the Lakers.
- IllnessProb Fri | probable
Williamson missed the last game while going through the league's health and safety protocols, but he is projected to be available Friday versus the Lakers.
- HamstringProb Wed | probable
Redick is bothered by right hamstring tightness, but he is likely to face the Clippers on Wednesday.
L.A. Clippers Trends
- TrendOver is 5-1 in Clippers last 6 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %83.30% (6)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 10-4 in Clippers last 14 games as an underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (14)O/U4|10Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-1 in Clippers last 5 games as a home favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U4|1Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 11-5-2 in Clippers last 18 games as a favorite.Hit %68.80% (18)O/U5|11Push2W/L
New Orleans Trends
- TrendOver is 6-2 in Pelicans last 8 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %75.00% (8)O/U5|1Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 6-2 in Pelicans last 8 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5.Hit %75.00% (8)O/U6|2Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 4-0 in Pelicans last 4 games as a road underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %100.00% (4)O/U4|0Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 5-2 in Pelicans last 7 games as a favorite of 5.0-10.5.Hit %71.40% (7)O/U2|9Push2W/L