Check GameAdvisers.com AI Computer Pick For NCAAF. Our AI Computer Pick system have 37.95% ROI for the last 45 days on NCAAF. | 7 Day Trial for $1/Day
Kansas State Wildcats vs. Iowa State Cyclones Pick & Prediction NOV 21TH 2020
Quarterback Brock Purdy had three first-half touchdown passes to lead No. 17 Iowa State past visiting Kansas State 45-0 in Ames, Iowa.
Purdy finished with 236 yards on 16-of-20 passing. Breece Hall, the nation's leading rusher coming into the game, added 135 yards and two rushing touchdowns, including 123 rushing yards and both touchdowns in the first half.
Iowa State (6-2, 6-1 Big 12), alone in first place in the Big 12 Conference, improved its chances to play in the conference championship game. The Cyclones are seeking their first conference championship since winning the Missouri Valley Conference title in 1912. They play at No. 22 Texas next Saturday before closing the season with a home game against West Virginia.
Iowa State had a 539-149 advantage in total offense. The Cyclones had 10 tackles-for-loss and forced three Kansas State turnovers. It was the first time the Wildcats have been shut out since 2015.
Kansas State (4-4, 4-3 Big 12), playing without starting linebackers Elijah Sullivan and Justin Hughes because of COVID, lost its third straight game. Quarterback Will Howard was 3 of 9 for 32 yards and a pick before getting knocked out of the game in the first half.
Iowa State wasted little time in jumping out to the lead. Purdy found Joe Scates for a 33-yard touchdown pass and a 7-0 lead just three minutes into the game. The score capped a six-play, 75-yard drive.
After stopping Kansas State on downs inside the 5-yard line, the Cyclones went 97 yards on 11 plays to take a 14-0 lead. Purdy hit Charlie Kolar with a 6-yard touchdown on the first play of the second quarter to cap the drive.
Purdy hit Xavier Hutchinson with a 21-yard touchdown to put the Cyclones up by three touchdowns midway through the second quarter. Hall then made it 28-0 with a 33-yard run. On the first play of the subsequent drive, Howard threw an interception to Deuce Vaughn, and Hall's second TD made it 35-0.
Iowa State held a 363-74 advantage in total yards at the half.
A 32-yard Connor Assalley field goal and a Hunter Dekkers 12-yard touchdown capped the second-half scoring.
--Field Level Media
Need more winners Against the Spread? Get $60 in Free Premium Member Only picks from Doc’s Sports – A recognized leader and trusted name in sports handicapping since 1971. Click Here.
- @Iowa State L 0 - 45
- Oklahoma State L 20 - 18
- @West Virginia L 10 - 37
- Kansas W 14 - 55
- @Texas Christian W 21 - 14
- Texas Tech W 21 - 31
- @Oklahoma W 38 - 35
- Arkansas St. L 35 - 31
- Navy L 20 - 17
- Iowa State W 17 - 27
- @Texas W 23 - 20
- Kansas State W 0 - 45
- Baylor W 31 - 38
- @Kansas W 52 - 22
- @Oklahoma State L 21 - 24
- Texas Tech W 15 - 31
- Oklahoma W 30 - 37
- @Texas Christian W 37 - 34
- UL Lafayette L 31 - 14
- Notre Dame L 33 - 9
- @Baylor(10-06-18) L 34 - 37
- @Texas(11-27-20) W 23 - 20
- West Virginia(10-13-18) W 14 - 30
- Wildcats @ Cyclones 0-45
- Cyclones @ Wildcats 17-27
- Wildcats @ Cyclones 38-42
- Cyclones @ Wildcats 19-20
- Wildcats @ Cyclones 31-26
- Cyclones @ Wildcats 35-38
- Wildcats @ Cyclones 32-28
- Cyclones @ Wildcats 7-41
- Wildcats @ Cyclones 27-21
- Cyclones @ Wildcats 23-30
Iowa State Cyclones
- ArmProb Fri | probable
Milton is sidelined with an arm injury, but he is expected to return against Texas on Friday.
Kansas State Wildcats
- UndisclosedProb Sat | probable
Knowles missed the last game due to an unspecified injury, but he is projected to play Saturday against Baylor.
- BackProb Sat | probable
Moore sat out the previous game with a back injury, but it is expected that he will face Iowa State on Saturday.
- Lower BodyQues Sat | questionable
Knowles is tending to a lower-body injury, and it remains to be seen if he will suit up against Iowa State on Saturday.
Iowa State Trends
- TrendOver is 8-2 in Cyclones last 10 games as a home underdog of 10.5 or greater.Hit %80.00% (10)O/U8|2Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 33-16-2 in Cyclones last 51 games as a favorite.Hit %67.30% (51)O/U16|33Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 5-2-1 in Cyclones last 8 games as a favorite of 10.5 or greater.Hit %71.40% (8)O/U5|2Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 6-2 in Cyclones last 8 games as an underdog.Hit %75.00% (8)O/U2|6Push0W/L
Kansas State Trends
- TrendUnder is 10-4 in Wildcats last 14 games as a favorite.Hit %71.40% (14)O/U16|33Push2W/L
- TrendOver is 20-9 in Wildcats last 29 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.Hit %69.00% (29)O/U20|9Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 9-3-1 in Wildcats last 13 games as an underdog.Hit %75.00% (13)O/U2|6Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 12-3-1 in Wildcats last 16 games as an underdog of 0.5-3.0.Hit %80.00% (16)O/U0|5Push0W/L
- TrendUnderdog is 6-0 ATS in their last 6 meetings.Hit %100.00% (6)O/UPush0W/L0|6