The Temple Owls are the athletic teams representing Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The school's sports teams are called the Owls. The current athletic director is Kevin Clark. The owl has been the symbol and mascot for Temple University since its founding in the 1880s. Temple was the first school in the United States to adopt the owl as its symbol or mascot. The owl, a nocturnal hunter, was initially adopted as a symbol because Temple University began as a night school for young people of limited means. Russell Conwell, Temple's founder, encouraged these students with the remark: "The owl of the night makes the eagle of the day." ^ "Temple University Style Guide 1.0" (PDF)....
Past 10 meetings
- Owls @ Mustangs 52-68 L
- Shockers @ Owls 53-65 W
- Green Wave @ Owls 65-51 L
- Cougars @ Owls 78-74 L
- Owls @ Golden Hurricane 44-70 L
- Owls @ Knights 62-58 W
- Broncs @ Owls 66-78 W
- Hurricanes @ Owls 78-77 L
- Hawks @ Owls 61-108 W
- Tigers @ Owls 64-54 L
- Cincinnati(01-27-19) 72 - 68
- @Pennsylvania(01-20-18) 60 - 51
- @Connecticut(03-07-19) 78 - 71
- East Carolina(02-07-18) 73 - 90
- @Memphis(02-26-19) 73 - 81
- Southern Methodist(02-13-19) 74 - 82
- @Tulane(02-02-19) 75 - 67
- Villanova(12-13-17) 87 - 67
- Connecticut(02-06-19) 63 - 81
- @East Carolina(01-16-19) 85 - 74
- @Wichita St.(01-06-19) 85 - 81
- South Florida(01-12-19) 80 - 82
- 10 Jake Forrester 80 | 220lbs
- 21 Justyn Hamilton 82 | 190lbs
- 4 J.P. Moorman II 79 | 205lbs
- 14 Arashma Parks 81 | 235lbs
- 25 Tim Waddington 77 | 195lbs
- ToeQues Wed | questionable
Perry is nursing a toe injury, and it is unknown if he will suit up against Cincinnati on Wednesday.
- UndisclosedQues Wed | questionable
Rose has an undefined injury, and it is uncertain if he will play Wednesday against Cincinnati.
- GroinQues Wed | questionable
Forrester sat out the previous game with a groin injury, and it is unknown if he will be available for Wednesday's tilt versus Wichita State.
- FootOut indefinitely | out
Dunn will miss an extended period with a foot injury.