Check GameAdvisers.com AI Computer Pick For NBA. | 7 Day Trial for $1/Day
Brooklyn Nets vs. New York Knicks Pick & Prediction JAN 13TH 2021
No James Harden, at least for one more game? No Kyrie Irving, for who knows how long? It was no problem on Wednesday night for the Brooklyn Nets.
Kevin Durant scored 26 points to lead seven players in double figures for the rapidly retooling Nets, who capped a wild day with a 116-109 win over the host New York Knicks.
Everyone in uniform except DeAndre Jordan and Chris Chiozza scored at least 10 points for the Nets hours after the team reportedly agreed to acquire Harden from the Houston Rockets in a blockbuster four-team trade.
The trade brings together the only active players to win three consecutive scoring titles. Harden is the NBA's reigning scoring champ (20017-20) while Durant led the league in points per game from 2009-10 through 2011-12, and added a fourth scoring title in 2013-14.
With Irving's availability uncertain, the deal also buys the Nets some "superteam" insurance. Irving missed his fifth straight game due to personal reasons and is expected to sit out at least the rest of the week.
Bruce Brown had 15 points and 14 rebounds for the Nets while Joe Harris scored 15 points. Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot and Landry Shamet each had 13 points and Jeff Green and Reggie Perry added 11 points apiece.
Julius Randle scored 30 points for the Knicks, who have lost four straight. RJ Barrett had 20 points while Mitchell Robinson (10 points, 12 rebounds) recorded a double-double. Immanuel Quickley (19 points) and Kevin Knox II (13 points) each got into double-digits off the bench.
Randle scored 10 points in the first nine minutes as the Knicks took a 20-13 lead. The Nets ended the first quarter on a 13-5 run and went ahead for good on Perry's putback 37 seconds into the second period.
The Nets ended the half on a 9-0 run to extend their lead to 61-45. Brooklyn led by as many as 19 in the second half and maintained a double-digit advantage until the Knicks ended the game on a 14-3 run.
--Field Level Media
This Game Has a Premium Report
Please Sign-In or Register
To access the betting report for Brooklyn Nets vs. New York Knicks, pleaseSign in
or register a premium account if you haven't done so alreadyBecome SAS Premium Member for $9.99/month
- @Cleveland L 113 - 125
- @Cleveland L 135 - 147
- Milwaukee W 123 - 125
- Orlando W 115 - 122
- @New York W 116 - 109
- Denver W 116 - 122
- Oklahoma City L 129 - 116
- @Memphis L 110 - 115
- Philadelphia W 109 - 122
- Utah W 96 - 130
- @Sacramento L 94 - 103
- @Golden State W 119 - 104
- Orlando W 84 - 91
- @Boston W 105 - 75
- @Cleveland L 103 - 106
- Brooklyn L 116 - 109
- @Charlotte L 88 - 109
- Denver L 114 - 89
- Oklahoma City L 101 - 89
- Utah W 100 - 112
- Miami(04-10-19) W 94 - 113
- Miami(04-10-19) W 94 - 113
- @Atlanta(03-09-19) W 114 - 112
- @Oklahoma City(03-13-19) L 96 - 108
- @Portland(01-07-19) L 101 - 111
- @Utah(12-29-18) L 97 - 129
- Cleveland(12-18-20) W 83 - 119
- LA Clippers(03-24-19) L 124 - 113
- Nets @ Knicks 116-109
- Knicks @ Nets 99-109
- Nets @ Knicks 112-104
- Nets @ Knicks 96-115
- Knicks @ Nets 105-107
- Nets @ Knicks 113-107
- Knicks @ Nets 107-102
- Nets @ Knicks 95-111
- Knicks @ Nets 119-104
- Knicks @ Nets 111-104
|New York Knicks||8||8||.500||3-4||5-4||101.8||102.8||L5||5-0-5|
|Portland Trail Blazers||8||6||.571||4-4||4-2||114.9||115.9||L1||6-0-4|
|Oklahoma City Thunder||6||7||.462||1-5||5-2||105.6||112.6||L1||5-0-5|
|Los Angeles Lakers||12||4||.750||4-4||8-0||115.1||105.2||L1||8-0-2|
|Los Angeles Clippers||11||4||.733||6-2||5-2||114.9||107.8||L1||7-0-3|
|Golden State Warriors||8||7||.533||5-4||3-3||111.7||114.3||L1||6-0-4|
|San Antonio Spurs||8||7||.533||2-4||6-3||110.3||110.5||L1||6-0-4|
|New Orleans Pelicans||5||9||.357||2-3||3-6||108.1||110.9||L2||3-0-7|
New York Knicks
- AchillesQues Sun | questionable
Rivers has missed the previous two games with a sore right Achilles, and it is unknown if he will partake in Sunday's match against the Trail Blazers.
- AnkleEarly Feb | out
Gallinari has a sprained right ankle, and will be sidelined until the beginning of February.
- AnkleProb Thurs | probable
Burks is recovering from a sprained left ankle, but he is expected to return to the court Thursday versus the Warriors.
- BackProb Sun | probable
Noel is battling a sore lower back, but is likely to face the Celtics on Sunday.
- HeelProb Sun | probable
Robinson has a right heel contusion, but is expected to be in Sunday's lineup against the Celtics.
- CalfProb Fri | probable
Toppin is expected to face the Cavaliers on Friday despite a right calf strain.
- HipProb Fri | probable
Bullock missed the last game due to right hip soreness, but it is likely that he will take part in Friday's battle with the Cavaliers.
- KneeOut indefinitely | out
Ntilikina will miss an undetermined length of time with a mild right knee sprain.
- AchillesQues Sat | questionable
Durant missed the previous contest due to an Achilles injury, and it is unclear if he will be available against the Heat on Saturday.
- PersonalProb Wed | probable
Irving has been out of the lineup due to a personal matter, but he is expected to return to action Wednesday against the Cavaliers.
- AcquiredProb Sat | probable
Harden was recently acquired via a trade, and he will be available to make his debut against the Magic on Saturday.
- IllnessQues Wed | probable
Johnson has sat out the previous four games while going through the NBA's health and safety protocols, and it is undetermined if he will take the court versus the Knicks on Wednesday.
- GroinQues Sun | questionable
Perry is tending to a groin injury, and it has yet to be determined if he will take the court against the Thunder on Sunday.
- IllnessProb Sun | probable
Durant has been sidelined going through the NBA's health and safety protocols, but has been cleared to return Sunday against the Thunder.
New York Trends
- TrendUnder is 8-2-1 in Knicks last 11 games as a home underdog of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (11)O/U2|8Push1W/L
- TrendOver is 7-3 in Knicks last 10 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %70.00% (10)O/U7|3Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 7-0 in Knicks last 7 games as an underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %100.00% (7)O/U0|7Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Knicks last 5 games as a home underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 8-3 in Nets last 11 games as a favorite of 11.0 or greater.Hit %72.70% (11)O/U7|3Push0W/L
- TrendOver is 8-1 in Nets last 9 games as an underdog of 5.0-10.5.Hit %88.90% (9)O/U0|7Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 4-1 in Nets last 5 games as a road favorite of 0.5-4.5.Hit %80.00% (5)O/U1|4Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 9-3-1 in Nets last 13 games as a road underdog of 11.0 or greater.Hit %75.00% (13)O/U3|9Push1W/L
- TrendUnder is 9-0 in the last 9 meetings.Hit %100.00% (9)O/U0|9Push0W/L
- TrendUnder is 21-5 in the last 26 meetings in New York.Hit %80.80% (26)O/U5|21Push0W/L
- TrendNets are 0-4 ATS in the last 4 meetings.Hit %0.00% (4)O/UPush0W/L0|4
- TrendNets are 1-5 ATS in the last 6 meetings in New York.Hit %16.70% (6)O/UPush0W/L1|5