MLB Best Bets From Professional Sports Bettors

Start winning more MLB best bets today by following the professional sports bettors at ScoresAndStats (SAS). We’re a sports betting platform that takes winning seriously. Our MLB experts analyze the market every day during the long season to find the best value bets (+EV). Become a better MLB bettor at SAS.

We release free MLB picks on a daily basis and also provide premium predictions from a huge number of MLB handicappers. Get the latest MLB news (starting lineups, injuries and weather), statistics, trends and more to help you formulate MLB best bets. We guarantee we’ll help you become a profitable MLB bettor.

ML BASEBALL
MLB
2024-04-12 18:40
Open
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
9 PICKS
PITTSBURGH PIRATES
MLB
2024-04-12 19:05
Open
BALTIMORE ORIOLES
8 PICKS
MILWAUKEE BREWERS
MLB
2024-04-12 19:10
Open
NEW YORK METS
13 PICKS
KANSAS CITY ROYALS
MLB
2024-04-12 19:30
Open
DETROIT TIGERS
13 PICKS
MINNESOTA TWINS
MLB
2024-04-12 21:40
Open
SEATTLE MARINERS
17 PICKS
CHICAGO CUBS
MLB
2024-04-12 21:40
Open
OAKLAND ATHLETICS
8 PICKS
WASHINGTON NATIONALS

How to Bet on MLB

Baseball might not be the most popular sport in the world, but MLB fans love the game. Baseball is still considered America’s pastime and remains popular. MLB is also popular in Canada, Mexico, Japan and multiple countries in the Caribbean. The long regular season is one reason bettors enjoy MLB.

Learning how to bet on MLB is simple, but mastering the sport requires experience. Our goal is to help all bettors win more MLB best bets. One way we try to accomplish that goal is with MLB betting guides. We have guides explaining the different types of MLB betting markets, with tips and strategies for winning.

The first step to learning how to bet on MLB is understanding how to read baseball odds.

MLB Odds Explained

We’ll explain how to understand MLB moneyline, run line and game total odds.

  • MLB Moneyline Odds: Houston Astros (+120) vs. Texas Rangers (-130)

The biggest thing to learn about MLB odds is the difference between negative (-) and positive (+) odds. If the odds are negative, the number equals how much you need to bet to win $100. If the odds are positive, the number equals how much you’ll win on a $100 bet. In our example, you’d need to bet $130 on Texas to win $100. A $100 bet on Houston would pay $120. The team with negative odds is the favorite.

  • MLB Run Line Odds: Houston Astros +1.5 (-190) vs. Texas Rangers -1.5 (+160)

In MLB, the run line is always -1.5/+1.5, with the favored team listed at -1.5. With a run line bet, the team with a negative run line (Texas -1.5) needs to win the game by 2+ runs for the bet to win. If you bet on the Astros at +1.5 runs, the wager will win if Houston either wins the game or loses by one run.

  • MLB Game Total Odds: Over 9.5 Runs (-110) vs. Under 9.5 Runs (-110)

With game totals, you’re not trying to predict a winner, but how many runs the two teams will combine to score in the game. A bet on over 9.5 runs will win if both teams combine for 10+ runs, while a bet on the under will win if both teams combine for nine runs or less. Typically, the odds are -110/-110 on both sides.

You can learn more about how MLB odds work with more examples in our baseball betting guides.

MLB Betting Tips and Strategies for Beginners

Follow these simple MLB betting tips and strategies for beginners to start winning more:

  • Understanding Implied Probability: The public love betting on big MLB favorites (-150 odds or greater), but since 2005 you’d be down hundreds of units flat betting them. If the average odds of your MLB best bets are -150, you need to win 60% of your MLB picks to break even. If you focus on underdogs and your average odds are +150, you only need to win 40% to break even.
  • MLB Betting Trends: With each MLB team playing a 162-game regular season, it doesn’t take long for MLB betting trends to emerge. MLB teams are often streaky, meaning they’ll go on runs of wins or losses throughout the season and targeting MLB betting trends is profitable.
  • MLB Statistics: Expert MLB handicappers utilize advanced MLB statistics (sabermetrics) and a growing number of metrics to analyze games and identify +EV MLB picks. Some of the popular MLB stats you need to learn are WAR, FIP, BABIP, wRC+, UZR, OPS+, WPA and wOBA.

We discuss MLB betting strategies in-depth in our numerous baseball betting guides.

MLB Best Bets at ScoresAndStats All Season

We’ve been helping sports bettors win more MLB best bets for years now. We have grown our team of experienced MLB handicappers to provide the best MLB betting content to our members.

You’ll be able to access MLB picks from all the popular markets, including the moneyline, run line, game totals, team totals, first inning, first five innings, game props, team props, player props and futures. We’re the best MLB handicapping service and we’re only getting stronger with more experience.

When it comes to MLB, alternate betting markets will often present the best value. Consistently winning on moneyline bts alone is tough, as the market is efficient and there’s often little value to extract. With alternate markets, such as the first inning or props, there are more exploitable markets to target.

We publish MLB best bets all season long. From MLB Opening Day until a new World Series Champion is crowned, we provide winning MLB picks. During the offseason, we also analyze the MLB draft and futures betting markets, such as World Series winner, win totals, player futures and more.

Gain Access to Premium MLB Picks

All of the content we publish here at SAS is completely free. We publish previews for every single game during the MLB season, with team news, trends, stats and MLB best bets. We also run the best sports handicapping service where premium MLB picks are released from 50+ MLB experts every year.

Click on the “Join” button at the top of the website to open an account to access all of our MLB best bets. The platform is powered by Sports Hub and members will have access to MLB picks from some of the baseball handicappers in the world. All picks are documented, allowing you to see long-term results.

Tired of trying to guess whether a handicapper is profitable. We’re transparent and show you exactly how a capper is performing, whether they’re winning or losing. Sign-up today to start winning more MLB picks.

MLB Betting FAQ

How does MLB betting work?

The easiest way to start betting on MLB is with moneyline bets, which require the bettor to predict which team will win a game. However, you’ll learn how to bet on all baseball betting markets at SAS. We’ll even teach you how to bet on MLB games live, which allows you to bet on every single pitch of a game.

How do total bases props work in MLB?

A popular MLB player prop is betting on total bases. In MLB, batters accumulate total bases based off of the hits they have in a game. A single is worth one, a double is worth two, a triple is worth three and a home run is worth four total bases. If you bet on a player to have over 3.5 total bases and they hit two doubles in the game (four total bases), you’ll win, but if they hit three singles (three total bases), you lose.

What is the best MLB betting strategy?

There are lots of profitable MLB betting strategies. The best MLB betting strategy is understanding how value works. For example, a -200 favorite needs to win 66.7% of the time to break even. When analyzing the matchup, you should estimate the probability that each team will win. If your analysis leads you to believe the favorite will win 75% of the time, there’s value betting on them at -200 odds.

What does action mean when betting on MLB games?

If you see the term “action” when placing a bet, it means that the bet will remain live even if the projected starting pitchers change before the first pitch. If the bet shows “listed pitchers” and one of the starting pitchers doesn’t end up starting the game, the bet will be void and your stake will be refunded.

Can I bet at multiple MLB betting sites?

Yes, you can open accounts with as many MLB betting sites as you’d like. In fact, we encourage all of our members to open multiple sportsbook accounts, so that you get the best odds on your MLB best bets.